This code of conduct sets out the expectations for our facebook group.
1. Be courteous with each other.
Your posts and communications should represent people being friendly and courteous. While you may find that another member may have a different point of view to yours, please show consideration and respect for others, regardless of conflicting views. Be polite, tolerant and generous in your interactions, the same as you would be in a real life, face-to-face conversation.
2. Strict legal compliance.
The following will not be tolerated:
- Racism, sexism, ageism, homophobia, or religious intolerance.
- The posting of rumours or innuendo.
- Posting or promotion of illegal content or activities.
- Failure to attribute sources in quoting and referencing, particularly from commercial sites (quoting a sentence or a single paragraph with a URL-like or other reference is acceptable: quoting an entire article is not permitted).
- Any post on the facebook group which is used to bully a person or group, by sending messages of an intimidating, harassing, aggressive or threatening nature, is deemed cyber-bullying and is never acceptable.
3. Personal information and access.
The use of identifiable member names is required to be able to access the MMQG Inc facebook group. Facebook pseudonyms will not be accepted. The identity of all participating members should be transparent to everyone at all times. Blocking another member, including any members of the committee and/or the page moderators, from viewing or interacting with your posts within this forum will not be tolerated. In addition, members are to be mindful that while this is a closed group, no member is to post the personal contact information of another member, whether current or past. Posting your own personal information is your prerogative, but please refrain from compromising another’s right to privacy.
4. Refrain from posting spam or personal promotion.
The following may be posted on the Facebook site:
- Quilting-related topics and events such as community and charitable quilt shows.
- Information regarding sales of quilting related products by non-member registered Australian businesses. Members who own quilting related businesses will be given the opportunity to appropriately promote their business to the member body by prior arrangement with the Committee.
Promotion of other guilds and their activities, except for Victorian Quilters Inc and the Modern Quilt Guild of which MMQG Inc is a member, is not permitted. The Committee reserves the right to promote any event or activity that it deems suitable to circulate to the members via Facebook and web-based sites.
Please remember, our Facebook group is not an avenue for you to create business leads. If you have any doubt about the suitability of an intended post, please contact the group moderators first.
5. No forum domination.
Domination of postings will not be tolerated. Members making the community all about themselves, hijacking other member’s threads and steering the conversation towards their own interests, regardless of the intended subject matter, and initiating the same threads or themes repeatedly which have no purpose other than to incite and inflame the community, is not acceptable. This kind of behavior stifles the participation of other members and will not be tolerated.
6. Respect the Guild and its members and moderators.
Any online or personal comments which are defamatory in nature, or otherwise impugn the good standing and reputation of the Guild, the Committee or any individual member of the Guild will not be tolerated. Remember the Guild is a not for profit organisation, and members of the Committee and the online moderators provide support to the Guild on a voluntary basis.
Moderators may delete or edit posts that do not comply with the code of conduct, and in serious cases may either temporarily or permanently ban members from the group.
Please note, this code may be amended at the discretion of the committee and any changes will be promptly communicated to members.